International arrivals to Vietnam in October grow 80.9% over last month
According to General Stastistics Office (GSO), the number of international arrivals to Vietnam in October 2011 estimated 518,477, increasing by 80.9% in comparison with the last month and 17.8% with the same period of 2010.
In October, by means of transportation, international arrivals to Vietnam by air reached 445,612, an increase of 24.6% from October 2010; by sea: 1,500 (down 66.7%); by road: 71,365 (down 8.5%).
By purposes of trips, the number of leisure tourists was 313,069 arrivals, up 21.1% compared to October 2010; those for business: 86,305 (up 0.1%); for visiting relatives: 86,830 (up 89.4%); for others: 32,273 (down 34.9%).This brought the figure for the first ten months of 2011 to 4,830,604 arrivals, an increase of 15.8% over the same period of 2010.
International arrivals from most of markets achieved positive growth, led by Cambodia with 56.9%, followed by China (45.8%), Malaysia (11.7%), Japan (8.5%), South Korea (6.0%), Taiwan (5.9%), France (5.3%), Australia (3.0%), USA (0.9%), only Thailand down 20.7% because of flood consequences.
Thus, Vietnam tourism sector would likely to fulfil the target of welcoming 5.5 million international arrivals in 2011 as a result of high tourism season in the last two months of this year.
Source - vietnamtourism
- » Singapore Airlines Holidays have released an expanded range of beach holiday... Jun 22, 2015
- » Siem Reap Kemboja wilayah, yang menempatkan kuil-kuil Angkor yang terkenal,... Nov 12, 2014
- » Bangkok Tourists Vanish on Floods Leaving Shangri-La Bar Empty Nov 06, 2011
- » Singapore Still Our Largest Tourism Mart' Nov 04, 2011
- » Thailand floods hit tourism as Indians prefer to stay away Nov 02, 2011